This guide is intended to ensure that AMS staff are storing work related files in their AMS OneDrive accounts and not in their Queen's AMS OneDrive accounts.
AMS uses OneDrive as it's primary storage location for files. All AMS staff members are given a OneDrive account to store, share and retrieve files used for work. However, Queen's University also grants students OneDrive to use for school purposes. When utilizing OneDrive at AMS it is critical that you ensure files are being saved in the correct OneDrive location.
How to Check Which Account You Are Signed Into
- Open any browser (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge) and go to either https://login.microsoftonline.com or https://portal.office.com
- It should log you in with the account you last signed in with. If it doesn't and asks you to sign in, login with your AMS email and password and skip the following steps.
- Once logged in, click on your profile picture or icon in the top right of the page. It should drop down a menu that shows which account you are signed into and there will be indicators letting you know as seen in the photo below:
- If you are signed in currently as an AMS account you can proceed to OneDrive to access your files.
If you are signed in as a Queen's student account (queensu.ca) then you have a few options.
Method 1 (Using Incognito Mode)
The easiest way to sign into your AMS account if you are already logged in with your Queen's account is to open an incognito window. This will keep you logged into your Queen's account regularly but allow you to access AMS files when needed. The first step is to open a new Incognito window by following the steps below.
InPrivate Mode in Microsoft Edge
You can open an InPrivate window in different ways:
- Right-click the Microsoft Edge logo in the taskbar and select New InPrivate window.
- In Microsoft Edge, select Settings and more > New InPrivate window.
Incognito Mode in Google Chrome
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More New Incognito Window.
- A new window appears. In the top corner, check for the Incognito icon .
You can also use a keyboard shortcut to open an Incognito window:
- Windows, Linux, or Chrome OS: Press Ctrl + Shift + n.
- Mac: Press ⌘ + Shift + n.
Private Window on Mozilla Firefox
There are two ways to open a new Private Window in Firefox:
- Click the menu button and then click
- Use the following shortcuts:
MacOS: Shift + ⌘ + P
Method 2 (Using a Separate Browser)
You can also use a separate browser to login to your AMS account. For example, if you regularly use Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome to access your Queen's student account, you can use Mozilla Firefox to access your AMS account. Or if you regularly use Firefox to access your Queen's account you can use Google Chrome to access your AMS account. The browsers will remember which account is signed in on which browser.
Method 3 (Sign Out and In as an AMS account)
Some students may prefer to just logout of their Queen's account and back in using their AMS account. However, keep in mind this can still cause confusion as you may leave yourself signed into your AMS account when you need access to your Queen's OneDrive.
- Click on your profile picture or icon in the top right and choose 'Sign Out'
- Wait for the sign out to complete
- Close your browser
- Re-open your browser and go to either https://login.microsoftonline.com or https://portal.office.com and sign in with your AMS account.
- When you need to login to your Queen's account, perform these steps but login with your Queen's email address instead.