Applies to: Windows, Mac devices
This article will show how to install the fonts used by AMS for branding purposes (Volkhov and Open_Sans). Fonts are included at the bottom of this article.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Add a Font in Windows
- Add a Font in MacOS
- How to Add Fonts to Word Online
- How to Add Fonts to Outlook Desktop Application
- How to Add Fonts to Outlook on the Web
Add a Font in Windows
- Download the font files. These files are included at the end of this document. They are compressed in .zip folders. In each .zip folder, you will find several variations on the same font.
- Unzip the files by right-clicking the .zip folder and then clicking Extract. Now you'll see the available TrueType font files:
- Right-click the fonts you want, and click Install. Note that in Windows 11, you may have to right click and choose "Show More Options" before you will see the "Install" option.
- If you're prompted to allow the program to make changes to your computer, and if you trust the source of the font, click Yes.
- Your new fonts will now appear in the fonts list in Windows applications.
Add a Font in MacOS
Please see the following Apple guide for installing fonts on a Mac.
How to install and remove fonts on your Mac - Apple Support
Please note, you will need to download the fonts first from the attachments included at the end of this document.
How to Add Fonts to Word Online
If you're using the Microsoft Word Online app as part of Microsoft 365, you can make use of any font installed on your system. The font needs to be installed following the above steps first. Then, just type the name of the font into the Font Options box.
When you save the document, the font name will appear in the font options box and display properly for any user who has that font installed on their device. Unfortunately, Word Online doesn't let you embed fonts.
How to Add Fonts to Outlook Desktop Application
If you use the desktop version of Outlook, you can select fonts from the list of fonts while composing a message. You may have to manually type in the font. Anyone you send this email to who has that font installed will see this font in your message.
How to Add Fonts to Outlook on the Web
Although you can use fonts when using Outlook on the web, it is advisable to use the font 'Arial' when composing emails. This is because it has much better compatibility with other email clients.
If you do choose to use custom fonts using Outlook on the Web, when composing a message you will have to manually type in the font and press enter. Please note that the font needs to be installed on your system first by following the above steps in order for this to work.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article